East South Street is currently closed due to flooding from South Broad Street to South Walnut Street.
We anticipate upwards of 6 inches of rain today. Here is some guidance from the Chester County Department of Emergency Services.
- Turn Around, Don't Drown! Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Secure items outside like trash cans and patio furniture.
- Flood Watch = "Be Aware." Conditions are right for flooding to occur in your area. Flood Warning = "Take Action!" Flooding is either happening or will happen shortly.
- Check on your neighbors to make sure they're okay.
- If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground.
- Don not leave the car and enter moving water.
- Avoid parking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heaving rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
- Listen to local officials by radio, TV, or social media.