Residential Parking Permits
Due to an increase in volume of parking in residential areas coupled with a rise in complaints from Kennett Square Borough residents, Officers & Parking Enforcement Officers will be increasing the enforcement efforts of residential parking permit areas more frequently.
Residential Parking permit areas are enforced Monday through Friday from 9:00AM until 5:00PM. Each residence may receive two (2) parking permits, free of charge. There is a $20 fee for each additional residential parking permit issued after the two. Please, stop in at the Police Department, Monday - Friday from 8:30AM - 4:30PM to get your residential parking permit.
Attached is a copy of the Borough Ordinance associated with Residential Parking Permit areas.
The residential parking permit area is designated as follows:
(1) Center Street from Cypress Street to Mulberry Street.
(2) Meredith Street from Magnolia Street to Mulberry Street.
(3) Meredith Street from Magnolia Street to Mulberry Street.
(4) North Lincoln Street, west side beginning approximately ninety-five (95) feet North of State Street and extending to a point approximately twenty-five (25) feet South of West Linden Street.
(5) Scarlett Avenue, the entire length.
(6) Mason Avenue, the entire length.
(7) Oak Avenue, from South Union Street to Meredith Street.
(8) Ridge Avenue, from South Union Street to Meredith Street.
(9) 200 and 300 Blocks of East Linden Street to East Maple Street.
(10) North Broad Street from Linden Street north to Sick Street, excluding the four (4) designated long-term parking spaces located on the west side of North Broad Street.
(11) Birch Street, south side, from the intersecting curb lines at South Walnut Street two hundred twenty (220) feet to the west.
(12) Dalmatian Lane, east side, from point one hundred five feet south of the intersecting curb line with East Cypress Street to a point two hundred sixty-five feet south of the same intersecting curb line.