House Fire

Police, Fire and EMS handled a house fire in the first block of Deer Pond Lane, Kennett Township, today just after 10 AM. The resident heard fire crackling around the chimney behind the wall. Police arrived a short time later and found smoke coming from the roof and interior walls around the chimney. The resident and her cat got out safely and there were no injuries. Fire crews found an active fire surrounding the chimney in the attic and were able to bring the fire under control at approximately 11 AM.