Employment Opportunity- Full-Time Police Officer
Job Announcement – Full-Time Police Officer
The Southern Chester County Regional Police Department is currently seeking candidates for the position of full-time police officer. The Southern Chester County Regional Police Department is responsible for providing law enforcement and peacekeeping services to New Garden Township, West Grove Borough and Avondale Borough.
Applications will be available during business hours, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm, beginning Wednesday, January 25th through Wednesday, February 15th, 2023. Applicants must pick up applications in person with photo identification. All requested application material must be returned by Wednesday, February 15th, 2023 at 4:00 pm. The written exam is scheduled for Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023 at 6:00 pm at the Southern Chester County Regional Police Department, 8934 Gap Newport Pike, Landenberg, PA 19350.
Each candidate must meet the following minimum standards to be eligible for consideration:
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED recognized by the Board of Education.
- Must have successfully graduated from a police academy and able to obtain their PA Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission Academy certification (Act 120 certification) or currently certified as a police officer in another State and qualified to obtain MPOETC Act 120 certification by the date of probationary appointment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the date of appointment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no revocations or suspensions within the last 3-years.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation with no criminal history that precludes the candidate from obtaining a MPOETC certification.
- Possess the physical and mental skills necessary to perform the duties of a police officer.
Candidates not meeting the minimum standards or are found to be intentionally dishonest will be deemed disqualified from participating in the process.
- Competitive starting salary of $71,100.00
- Overtime pay (time and a half) for holidays worked
- 2.5% additional for all night shifts worked
- Extensive and beneficial field training program
- Fixed 12-hour rotation schedule
- Extensive list of training opportunities
- Medical and Dental Insurance if opted
- Accredited agency with requirements to properly train and equip police officers
- Written examination
- Oral board interview
- Physical agility test
- Psychological examination
- Physical examination
- Drug screening
- Extensive background investigation
To obtain additional information you may contact Southern Chester County Regional Police Department at 610-268-2907, ext. 103 or in person at 8934 Gap Newport Pike, Landenberg, PA 19350.
The Southern Chester County Regional Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.