The Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department has recently experienced a spike in package thefts, specifically in the Goshen Valley Community in East Goshen Township. Several victims have reported that their home delivered packages were missing from their apartment and condominium’s when they arrived home. The Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department is actively working this investigation.
The Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department urges residents to follow the following package theft prevention tips when ordering items and shipping them to their residence.
- Track your package as many delivery companies will provide alerts when a package has been delivered and will even let you control when and where a package is delivered.
- Require a signature especially for items of high value or if you don’t want the package left unattended.
- If sent through the United States Postal Service, request that the package be held at the facility for personal pickup
- Be neighborly. If you know you won’t be home when a package is set to be delivered, have a neighbor or friend accept the package on your behalf. Additionally, pay attention to a neighbor’s packages that are left unattended. If someone is observed in the area that appears suspicious, immediately contact the police department.
- Preventive measures such as surveillance cameras will deter criminals for stealing packages. Additionally, these cameras will assist police in investigations.