APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2019 CITIZENS POLICE ACADEMY
The Citizens Police Academy is a revolutionary concept in law enforcement and community policing. As part of its continuing mission to provide the optimum in service, performance and dedication to the community, the Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department has designed a Citizens Police Academy that will enable citizens to have a better understanding of the operations of the Police Department and its Officers. In addition, citizens will develop a greater awareness and appreciation of the challenges and decisions faced by Westtown-East Goshen Police Officers on a daily basis. Class size is limited to 16 participants and will close once the first 16 applications are processed and approved. At the conclusion of the CPA, graduates of the academy will qualify to submit a request for our ride-along program.
Academy participants will attend one night a week (Tuesday) for approximately three hours per night for a period of 13 weeks. The next Citizens Police Academy classes will begin on Tuesday, September 03, 2019, at 6:30 P.M. at the Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department located at 1041 Wilmington Pike, West Chester, PA 19382. Applications are due by August 27th, 2019.
Topics will include:
- Police Patrol Operations
- Criminal Investigations and Crime Scene Processing
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- The Court System and Mock Preliminary Hearing
- Traffic Enforcement/Accident Investigation and Reconstruction/Commercial Vehicles
- Community Policing, Safe Schools and Active Shooter overview
- 911 Operations Center
- Drug Law Enforcement and the Opioid Crisis
Requirements for participation and completion of the Citizens Police Academy:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Applicants must submit an application
- Applicants will be subject to a complete background check (criminal history/driving history) and each application will be confidentially reviewed/approved by the Chief
A $27.00 dollar non-refundable processing fee is due at the time the application is submitted to cover costs associated with the CPR/First Aid certification.
For more information or to receive an application contact the Westtown-East Goshen Regional
Police Department at 610-692-9600 or by e-mail: email@example.com
For more information or to download an application, visit our website at: https://chester.crimewatchpa.com/wegopd/53548/content/community-programs