Frequently Asked Questions

Investigative reports are not public information and, therefore, not accessible under the Right -to-Know Law. Investigative reports may be available with a properly executed subpoena. For all other report inquiries please submit a request and see our webpage for service fees. To the extent that this request seeks or may be construed to see Kennett Township Police records involving covert law enforcement investigations, including intelligence gathering and analysis, the Department can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such records without risk of compromising investigations and imperiling individuals. Under No Circumstances, therefore, should the Department’s response to this request be interpreted as indicating otherwise. In all events, should such records exist, they are entirely exempt from public disclosure under the Right-to-Know Law, 65 P.S. §§ 67.101-67.3104, and the Criminal History Record Information Act, 18 Pa. C.S. §§ 9101-9183. Incident Form

Appointments can be scheduled by emailing the Police Department.

Identity theft involves acquiring key pieces of someone’s identifying information, such as name, address, date of birth, social security number, and mother’s maiden name, in order to impersonate them. This information enables the identity thief to commit numerous forms of fraud which includes, but is not limited to, taking over the victim’s financial accounts, opening new bank accounts, purchasing automobiles, applying for loans, credit cards, and social security benefits, renting apartments, and establishing services with utility and phone companies.

Yes, please contact us by email. You must produce a valid state issue ID, fingerprint cards and payment (see our webpage for service fees; the police department can only accept personal check, money order or cash). Fingerprint cards can be obtained through the agency requiring you to be fingerprinted. If you are a Township resident you will not be charged.

914 W. Cypress Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348

No, payments for traffic citations must be made to the Magisterial District Justice Court office. Please follow the instructions on the back of the individual citation.

Please fill out the vacation notice.

No, the law prohibits the police from accessing this information except for investigative reasons.

Yes! If you have any concern, no matter the size, please report it! If it is not an emergency, feel free to call the Police Department at 610-388-2874, leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible!