Examination Notice - Borough of West Chester Police
Forms required to be completed in order to apply for the position of Police Officer are available at the West Chester Police Administration Office located at the West Chester Borough Municipal Building, 401 East Gay Street in the Borough of West Chester, Pennsylvania. The Borough building is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE TURNED INTO THE OFFICE OF POLICE ADMINISTRATION DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS BY August 18th, 2016.
ACT 120 CERTIFICATION IS NOT REQUIRED PRIOR TO TESTING.
- A written examination will be held on Saturday, September 10, 2016 at Henderson High School, West Chester PA. Other mandatory components of the test are an oral interview, fitness test a medical examination and a psychological examination.
Review the following requirements of the communications officer position:
- Communications Officers must possess excellent computer skills and multiprocessing talent.
- Communication Officers must have the ability to handle several tasks in a short period of time and be able to prioritize situations.
- Communication Officers enter information into a Computer Aided Dispatch computer at the time the information is being received.
- Communication Officers also enter all incidents into the local police computer system. Dispatchers must possess good typing and grammar skills.
- Communication Officers deal with highly stressful situations on a regular basis. They deal directly with the public and are an essential part of our law enforcement team.
- Communication Officers work 12 or 10 hour shifts and the communications center is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.