2023 Parking Permit Information
Residential Parking Permits:
Residential Parking permit areas are enforced Monday through Friday from 9:00AM until 5:00PM. Each residence may receive two (2) parking permits, free of charge. There is a $20 fee for each additional residential parking permit issued after the two. Attached is a form that can be filled in prior to coming to pick up your 2023 Residential Parking Permit. This form can be dropped off in person or emailed to email@example.com. Please, stop in at the Police Department, Monday - Friday from 8:30AM - 4:30PM to get your residential parking permit.
The residential parking permit area is designated as follows:
(1) Center Street from Cypress Street to Mulberry Street.
(2) Meredith Street from Magnolia Street to Mulberry Street.
(3) Meredith Street from Magnolia Street to Mulberry Street.
(4) North Lincoln Street, west side beginning approximately ninety-five (95) feet North of State Street and extending to a point approximately twenty-five (25) feet South of West Linden Street.
(5) Scarlett Avenue, the entire length.
(6) Mason Avenue, the entire length.
(7) Oak Avenue, from South Union Street to Meredith Street.
(8) Ridge Avenue, from South Union Street to Meredith Street.
(9) 200 and 300 Blocks of East Linden Street to East Maple Street.
(10) North Broad Street from Linden Street north to Sick Street, excluding the four (4) designated long-term parking spaces located on the west side of North Broad Street.
(11) Birch Street, south side, from the intersecting curb lines at South Walnut Street two hundred twenty (220) feet to the west.
(12) Dalmatian Lane, east side, from point one hundred five feet south of the intersecting curb line with East Cypress Street to a point two hundred sixty-five feet south of the same intersecting curb line.
Parking Garage Permits:
Parking Garage Permits are $75/Month or $800/Year.
Automated garage entry and exit access arms have been installed in the Borough parking garage on E. Linden Street and are scheduled to be implemented for use by mid-February. The parking arms will be in use 24 hours a day, unless a snow emergency is declared in the Borough. The new parking rates will be as follows:
- First Hour: $2 ($1 discount for first hour until March 31, 2023)
- Each Additional Hour: $1
- Special Event Parking: $20 per day
- Parking Permits $800 per year (20% discount for residents, business owners, and employees on State Street between Willow and Center Streets, please see below information regarding discounted parking).
Patrons can pay by credit card or cash at the gate or via a smartphone. Questions about parking rates and permits can be directed to 610-444-0501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Street Discounted Parking Garage Permits:
State Street Discounted Parking Garage Permits are $60/Month or $640/year.
The Borough of Kennett Square has started a one year pilot program (August 2022) providing a 20% discount in parking rates, in the parking garage, for residents, business owners and employees of State Street, between Willow Street and Center Street. This has been put into motion to encourage utilization of our safe, beautiful Borough Parking Garage, located at 100 E. Linden Street, and provide parking relief for State Street. Stop in today to purchase your garage permit at a discounted rate if you are located in the previously stated areas on State Street. The current garage permit pricing is $75 for a monthly permit and $800 for the annual permit. For all those who fall within the proposed discounted area the discounted rate will be adjusted to $60 per monthly permit and $640 per annual permit.
Longterm Street/Lot Permit Parking:
Longterm street and parking lot permit parking permits are $50/month or $470/year.
Unfortunately, all of the longterm street/parking lot permit parking is in use currently. There are no permits available for purchase at this time.
Please reach out for any other information by phone at 610-444-0501, option 4, or email at email@example.com.