Accepting Applications for Part-Time Police Officers
Hiring Announcement - Part Time Police Officer
Community - Honor - Service – Integrity
The Kennett Square Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Part Time Police Officer. Applications will be available during normal business hours of Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm at the Police Department or may be requested electronically by emailing Chief William T. Holdsworth at Wholdsworth@KennettSquarePolice.org.
Minimum Job Requirements & Qualifications necessary to apply:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and a US Citizen
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Must be currently Act 120 certified
- Must be able to pass Police Department weapons qualifications
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid certifications
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation with no criminal history
- Must possess the physical and mental capabilities needed to perform the duties of a police officer
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language as well possess excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Must be available to work any combination of daytime and nighttime hours as well as weekdays, weekends and holidays
The Borough of Kennett Square is an Equal Opportunity Employer.