Medical/ Burn Victim
On June 17, 2022 at 0814 hours, the North Coventry Township Police Department was dispatched to a residence on Mt. Zion Avenue for a subject who was injured by fire from an medical oxygen generator. Upon arrival, Medics from Goodwill Ambulance were on scene performing CPR to the male victim. Police were advised that the male victim was attempting to light a cigarette while wearing a nasal cannula for oxygen, causing an oxygen induced flame inuring the male victim. The victim was transported to the Pottstown Hospital Tower Health by Goodwill Ambulance. Police were notified later that morning by the Montgomery County Coroner's Office that the male victim succumbed to his injuries. Assisting at the scene were Goodwill Ambulance, Norco Fire Company, and the North Coventry Township Fire Marshal.